- Children come to school to learn and have fun
- In order to learn, children must be at school everyday. Absences are very disruptive to learning.
- Parents are expected to listen to their child read the books they bring home and talk about these.
- Parents should make sure that their child brings their book bag to school each day.
- When children have homework to do parents should help children develop good habits by encouraging them to do their homework at a certain time before dinner or before they are allowed to watch TV
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L)
As part of a new initiative implemented by the Ministry of Education, we are teaching our children how to positively interact with others and deal with conflict in an acceptable way.
East Tamaki School Behaviour Expectations
Our three behaviour expectations are:
Respect for ourselves
Treat others as we would like to be treated
Respect for the environment
All children should be at school by 8.15 am but not before 8.00 am. When children arrive late it is disruptive for them, the teacher and the rest of the class.
If a child is away please phone the school on 274-9246.
All children are expected to come to school every day unless they are very sick or there is a significant reason for them to be away.
If a child is away for 2 or more days without notification the truancy officer will be informed.
When children are away they obviously miss out on learning. Therefore it makes it difficult for teachers to get the children up to the right achievement levels.